10 Good Reasons to choose Tempio Pausania for your holidays in Sardinia
1) Choose Tempio Pausania for the central position in northern Sardinia which makes it very close to the three seas: the Costa Smeralda, Santa Teresa Gallura and the La Maddalena and Caprera islands, and the splendid Costa Paradiso with Castelsardo, Stintino and Alghero.
2) Choose Tempio Pausania for the short distance from the ports and airports of Olbia, Golfo Aranci, Palau, Porto Torres, Alghero.
3) Choose Tempio Pausania for the proximity to Mount Limbara (8 km) – “the Sardinian Dolomites” – with roads which can take you up to the top (1348 m); the lush vegetation (even the redwoods), the gigantic natural granite sculptures, the little church “Madonna della Neve”, the many sources of spring water, as well as the possibility of trekking on foot, cycling, and even excursions on horseback;
4) Choose Tempio Pausania for the suggestive historical centre with churches, tree-lined avenues, fountains, the last residence of Nino Visconti, Judge of Gallura, and the archaeological site Nuraghe Majori which rises in the immediate outskirts of Tempio, just 500 m from the Pausania Inn;
5) Choose Tempio Pausania for the renowned mineral waters of “Rinaggiu”, usable by those who wish to savour such pure waters in an absolutely pleasant context;
6) Choose Tempio Pausania for the tasting of typical local products: the Sardinian gnocchetti, the Gallurese soup, the porcetto flavored with myrtle, the delicious seadas, to accompany with the wines of the renowned Gallura winery, awarded annually for the excellent production.
7) Choose Tempio Pausania for the beauty of its winter carnival and the originality of the summer one, and for the International Folklore Festival.
8) Choose Tempio Pausania for the pretty little town centres very close to the town (2-9 km). The following places are much appreciated if you really want to know Sardinia: Nuchis (with churches and shrines from the sixteenth century), Luras (with its famous millenary olive trees, dolmens and the spectacular landscape of Liscia); Calangianus (one of the “100 small great municipalities of Italy”, home to many artisan businesses dedicated to cork processing); Aggius (with its impervious mountains) and the perched town of Bortigiadas.
9) Choose Tempio Pausania for the excursions on foot, on horseback, by bicycle, by quadike or 4×4 which you can participate in with expert guides. Don’t miss the experience of searching for the many varieties of mushrooms that abound in the nearby woods in the autumn season.
10) Finally, you must choose Tempio Pausania for the natural grace of its citizens, always available to welcome their visitors.