The Olivastri Millenari of Santo Baltolu di Carana, (a village 15 km from Luras), stand out against the background of Liscia lake in an environment of the utmost value. S’Ozzastru, the oldest of the two thousand-year-old trees, watches over the enchanted valley with all its grandeur: 12 metres in circumference and 8 metres in height.
According to some studies, it is one of the oldest trees in Europe, with an age that could be between 3,000 and 4,000 years. In 1991, this “patriarch of nature” was declared a Natural Monument, and is included in the list of “Twenty Italian secular trees”. A few metres away, another “younger” olive tree (only 2000 years old!) keeps S’Ozzastru company in an unreal silence that makes one reflect on time and arouses intense emotions.
Offer valid in May and June 2019
Special offer 1 night in bed and breakfast: €42.00 per person, in a standard double/twin room.
The offer includes:
• Overnight stay in a standard double/twin room;
• Delicious buffet breakfast;
• Information material on the Olivastri Millenari of Luras and the Galluras Museum.
• Pack Lunch to be consumed in the refreshment area near the olive trees;
• Free Wi fi throughout the hotel;
• Ample free parking.
• Book now!
* The package does not include the entrance ticket to the Olivastri site (€2.50 per person). A young cooperative takes care of the site, with guided tours that protect this exceptional natural heritage. For information: Cooperativa Màs Que Nada 339 366 8478
We also recommend a visit to the Galluras Museum, (*the package does not include the admission ticket), in the historic centre of Luras: the first ethnographic museum in Gallura, where you can admire a faithful reconstruction of the typical environments of the Gallura civilisation and where the original cane of the Femina Agabbadora is kept, a figure that has operated in Sardinia for many years, ending the agony of the terminally ill, always within precise ethical codes…